Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some Picture Updates from my trip to Ribeira, Corrubedo, and Corcubion

Sorry for all the pictures, but they'll give you a taste of what I saw!



What do you see in the picture above?




I see a shark...










The above pictures were the first secluded coastal spot that I found while trying to find Las Dunas.  This is also your first glimpse of the Silver Stallion! And finally, there is one picture of a dog that I met along the way.  I felt so bad because it was clearly injured and lost.  I almost put him in my car and drove him to the city, but I thought that might be dangerous.  Anyways, this was the start of my beautiful coastal journey...

Below is a picture of my first swim in the Atlantic!




Take a look at the old post about my walk with Jose if you want to get a better mental image of what I was seeing and doing :)



Las Dunas!







Below are a few pictures of my drive along the coast.  It was so much fun having a car!  I was headed to Finisterre to see the end of the world! (According to the Romans)  Anyways, one final note about this car ride was that the 30 minute road leading into Corcubion was empty and super windy (lots of curves and sharp turns).  Needless to say, it was my own personal race track!












The end of my race track... I think ;)



The pictures below were from when I finally reached Corcubion, the city just before Finisterre.  My hotel was very nice and comfortable... So comfortable that I almost didn't wake up in time for sunrise at Finisterre.  (Thanks dad for the random phone call that woke me up!)  All of the following pictures were taken from outside the hotel or from my room!









It had been a great journey up to this point!  I miss it already!


1 comment:

  1. Clifford this is absolutely beautiful. You sure are a lucky guy! Have fun in future adventures.Be Safe.

    ReplyDelete