Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Day in Istanbul

The last day in Istanbul was pretty crazy. We walked around to see some parts of the city that we hadn't yet seen and bought our train and bus tickets to our next destination - for me, that was Sofia.

Ok, so as I said earlier, I got a Turkish bath! It was soooo weird, but a cultural experience none the less. Basically, you lay on a big hot marble stone in a sauna-like room until you are good and sweaty. Then, a big fat man takes you to a sink and sits you down (you are in a towel). Afterwards, he proceeds to scrub you with a rough cloth to rid your body of dead skin. Finally, they lather you up with soap and throw buckets of water on you until you are clean... NO HOMO! :)

Afterwards, Luiggi left for Greece so I had a few hours alone. I decided to eat a big slow-paced meal and then go to a Berber... A Barber.

At the Barber shop, I got a greatly needed haircut and a professional shave! It was soooo cool! Razor blades, hot shaving cream, and fire! Haha that's right, fire! He lit his scissors on fire and proceeded to quickly and painlessly burn the hair on the edge of my ear! I didn't even know I had any there...

Another great and I guess pampered day!

2 comments:

  1. Clifford, this is uncle Terry in Spokane. Pat gave me your blog and I want you to know that I am living vicariously thru you. Read all you reports. Your grandma said you were going to spend time in Italy. It will be the highlight of your trip!! I have been there 3 times and would be happy to give you feedback. tranders6@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete