Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sofia, Bulgaria

I could not understand one thing in Bulgaria... The written language was so crazy!



The pictures below are from my trip (sorry they took so long to upload!)




A very old church



Didn't expect these guys in Bulgaria



I really liked this statue - the gold and black contrasts are so incredible







The Wishing Egg!  I made a wish, but I can't tell you what I wished for ;)




I think my future houses will have Lion Statues




A very cool church... Luiggi and I watched a ceremony there.  Hearing the language was so interesting.  It is unlike anything I've ever heard...



An eye-opener as to how the rest of the world views Bush (A Stamp on a Park Bench)

We made it to the train right as the whistle was blowing! It literally started to move as soon as we jumped on. This time it wasn't our fault though, our bus got stuck in traffic, leaving us with 20 mins to run to the train station, buy tickets and food, and run to the train...




Anyways, after a rough nights sleep, we arrived in Sofia at 6am. We've spent a majority of the time wandering around the city asking people if they speak english and if they could help point us in the direction of various tourist locations. We've seen churches as old as the 4th century!

We will be getting on a train to Istanbul around 15:00 tonight... I'm really really excited! Oh and my phone is almost dead (so if you don't here from me mom and dad, I'm safe and don't worry)!

2 comments:

  1. Almost late but you made it on time. Wishing you lots of sight seeing. Does anyone speak English yet? Love and miss you. Have fun and be safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15:00 at night?? That's morning for me, ok can be night, if you're still asleep.
    Have a fun trip. See you in Madrid!

    ReplyDelete