Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Relaxing Sunday in Barcelona

Today was very laid back. I slept in until noon and decided to go for a long-needed jog. I ended up in a popular park where I found a zoo. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to see it. It turned out to be a fantastic zoo with a very wide variety of animals (some of my favorite being - cheetahs, tigers, meerkats, dolphins, and various primates). In fact, it was quite amazing to see how gorillas interact! Their intelligence, like the other primates, was very easy to see. I was fascinated by them and read a great deal about them. There was even an exhibit which showed a painting done by a primate. Let's just say that it was far better than I could ever do.

I spent a few hours there and returned to the hostel to catch up on some reading. That's when I remembered that I don't think I ever mentioned jumping into the Mediterranean! If I did, it's worth mentioning again :). I jumped in the Mediterranean! So now I've been in the Pacific, Atlantic, and the Mediterranean...

2 comments:

  1. Now what's left the Indian Ocean or the Artic Ocean which could prove to be rather chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somethings wrong with this picture. I am at home working and you are in Barcelona relaxing!!!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete