Monday, November 9, 2009

The Celebration

Last night was freezing cold and rainy, but it was a night that I will never forget. I stood outside in terrible weather for about 5 hours before the dominos fell; but during those hours, I was able to see Gorbachev and Hilary Clinton speak, Bon Jovi perform, and a symphony conducted.

The dominos fell in sections. So when I saw the dominos falling in my direction, I got really excited as the whole crowd screamed... But then, they stopped just before getting to us? I thought it was a mistake, but they did it intentionally and had a few more speakers speak. After the speakers were finished, the excitement continued. The dominos finished falling and a huge firework show ensued!

Truly a night to remember! It was easy to see that this was a very emotional night for the people of Berlin and the people of the world.

1 comment:

  1. What a sight to see! Gorbachev must have been cool,was the speech in German or English? How cool to see Bon Jovi perform . I sure the symphony added to the ambiance of the day!

    ReplyDelete